Green-Cheeked Conure (aka Green-Cheeked Parakeet)
Jacques is a green cheeked conure parrot who is Jon's pet. Jacques has his wings clipped, so he cannot fly. He has sometimes been shown to try to fly, and regularly falls off of things, such as Jon's monitor in "JonTron State of Affairs."
The Jacques character has been known to die and regenerates due to him being robot-like. He is an all-knowing being, and has the abilities of wiping memories, killing without remorse, teleportation, and many emotions.
In an episode of Game Grumps, Jon stated that Jacques was originally going to have a human mouth and was to speak in a Persian/jive style of voice. Jacques personality was set as a robot because it was faster and easier to have his eyes glow rather than paste a mouth over him. When thinking back to it, Jon feels relieved he did not go through with his original plan.
He appears in most episodes, usually to provide comedic relief and to insult Jon. However, his appearances have become more sporadic.
Jacques appears in the show, usually on Jon's shoulder. He comments on what Jon does, usually saying something unrelated to the episode. When he isn't talking, he is nibbling on Jon's hair and ear, or just sitting on his shoulder quietly.
Jacques' relationship with Jon is similar to a "Best Friends" ordeal. The two very frequently make jabs at one another in an attempt to hurt their feelings, but always connect on things like tasty nuts. Despite this semi-rivalry, they genuinely like each other as evidenced in "Home Alone Games," where Jon desperately obeys a hallucination of Macaulay Culkin in an attempt to revive Jacques.
Rarely, he is vital to the episode's plot. For example, in "Banjo Kazooie: Nuts And Bolts," he attempts to stop Jon from playing the game by destroying it and was turned into ash by Jon. At the end, he returns and tosses a mirror to Jon while he's stuck to the chair.
After "Space Ace," Jacques traveled to Vietnam to support the war effort. He remained there for eight months before returning to the United States.
Darth Vader kidnaps Jacques in the first episode of StarCade before beating him up. This is the reason why Jon sets off on his quest to play every Star Wars game.
- In the early JonTron title card illustrations, Jacques is shown riding in Jon's backpack in the style of Kazooie from Banjo-Kazooie.
- Jacques was originally purchased to replace an older parakeet that died. In an episode of Game Grumps, Jon mentions that when he saw Jacques, it was "Instant love."
- Even though Jacques' wings are clipped, meaning he is unable to fly, artwork and pixel animations often depict Jacques flying.
- Jacques is shown to have multiple robotic abilities throughout the show. They are:
- Firing lasers
- Wiping people's memories
- Teleporting people and himself
- Transforming into a falcon
- Quicktime powers
- Firing what appears to be Ryu-like lasers to activate objects.
- Jacques can be reprogrammed by Jon, but his regular personality can be restored by a short circuit.
- In relation to this, the red glow in his eyes turns into a star or a heart.
- His reprogrammed personality has him sound nicer and he is more helpful than before.
- Jacques' role has been increasingly reduced during season 3 of JonTron. Jon has admitted this is due to the difficulties involved in shooting footage of him.
- In "Disney Bootlegs," Jacques appeared in a bootleg form.